The Platform has been adopted by us for the purposes of supporting learning engagement, administration and/or document management.
You agree that you are:
- 15 years of age or older or, if you are under 15 years old, you have obtained permission from your parent/guardian to use the Platform and provided such permission to your teacher;
- authorised to use Virtuoso by us; and
- a student, parent/guardian of a student, teacher, employee or contractor of ours.
Content, access and disclaimers
All content on the Platform is our responsibility. You acknowledge and accept that content on the Platform may include technical, factual and typographical errors. It is your responsibility as a user to ensure the accuracy and currency of information you provide on the Platform. To the extent permitted by law, Cinglevue disclaims all liability for loss directly or indirectly arising from your use of or reliance on the Platform and content on the Platform.
Neither we nor Cinglevue guarantee that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted.
If you have any concerns about the Platform and/or how to use it or require any support, please contact our Platform administrator using the contact details below.
Use of de-identified data
Please note that Cinglevue may collate, extract and/or aggregate data in de-identified form that is generated by us and the users of the Platform so as to create de-identified research datasets. Research datasets are not (and do not contain) personal information. We, Cinglevue and/or external researchers in Australia or overseas may use the research datasets to better understand how students learn. If you have any queries, please contact our Platform administrator using the contact details below.
Intellectual property rights in:
- software in the Platform, including any source code in the Platform; and
- the Cinglevue logo,
are the property of Cinglevue, unless otherwise noted. You agree not to reproduce, transmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate materials comprising the Platform or any Cinglevue intellectual property without the express prior written consent of Cinglevue.
Intellectual property rights in the content on the Platform (including content that you create) which is not part of the Platform itself is our property. You agree not to use or reproduce any content or material where the intellectual property rights of such are owned by the us or any other person unless you have an appropriate licence to do so.
Third party websites
The Platform may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless otherwise indicated, neither we nor Cinglevue control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third party websites or their content. Neither we nor Cinglevue n provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of those websites or their content.
You must not and must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Platform or any material or content displayed on the Platform unless you are authorised by Cinglevue or us to do so.
You must not:
- impersonate another person on the Platform;
- provide inaccurate information about your identity on the Platform;
- do anything unlawful, misleading, fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorised purpose;
- interfere with or impair the operation of the Platform or other individuals’ legitimate use of the Platform;
- use or attempt to use any automated computer program (e.g. a bot or web scraper) to access the Platform;
- enter, upload or post any content to the Platform that is bullying, harassing, defamatory, objectionable or explicit in nature;
- attempt to buy, sell or transfer your account or access credentials to another person;
- post private or confidential information about yourself or any other person; and/or
- use the Platform to violate any other person’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
Accounts, password and security
You must not use any other person’s access credentials to access the Platform.
If you become aware that your account on the Platform has become compromised or that your account on the Platform is being accessed or used by a person other than you, you must immediately notify our Platform administrator using the contact details below.
The Platform uses machine learning algorithms to provide insights into students’ learning. The Platform may also provide you with recommendations based on machine learning insights. These insights have not been vetted or approved by Cinglevue or us. Being generated by a computer program, rather than a human, these recommendations should not be relied on. They are to be used at your own risk and you should consider them carefully before using them. Cinglevue is not responsible for any loss or damages arising from choices you make based on machine-generated recommendations.
Haven immersive experiences
The Platform has a set of features we call ‘Haven’. Haven allows you to:
- download and use software packages that incorporate virtual reality and augmented reality (collectively, immersive experience content);
- create your own immersive experience content; and/or
- upload immersive experience content to the Platform.
When you upload immersive experience content you:
- warrant that you have all relevant intellectual property rights in the immersive experience content;
- grant to Cinglevue and us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable licence to copy, redistribute and exploit the immersive experience content; and
- indemnify Cinglevue and us for any claim arising from an infringement of intellectual property rights arising from immersive experience content you upload to the Platform.