Secondary Education Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of how our children learn and prepare for a fulfilling future enabled by technology. You will be a key member of the team and help us to deliver on our vision of enabling authentic student-centred learning by inspiring students to become aware of their incredible potential and facilitating how schools equip them with the skills necessary for success in both learning and life.
As the Secondary Education Specialist, you will contribute to Research & Development projects that enable us to enhance the capabilities of our existing solutions for Secondary Education (i.e. middle-school through to high-school), as well as support expansion into new markets to realise areas for additional growth. You will develop and validate new ideas and perspectives which inform the direction of future developments, draw upon a diverse range of experience and expertise within the secondary education domain to understand school requirements, and critique and improve upon our solution offerings, including engaging in collaborative projects with individuals both within and external to the organisation.
The successful applicant for this role will have a thorough and demonstrable knowledge of contemporary teaching, learning, and assessment practices and will be able to plan, prepare, and deliver high quality differentiated learning experiences, where this brings together all major aspects of the education lifecycle in a cohesive, end-to-end manner. As a collaborative practitioner, you will also be expected to model strong interpersonal skills with the highest standards of professional skill and teaching practice honed in the classroom. You will have a deep understanding of the pastoral needs of secondary-aged students and excellent experience integrating technology within the classroom. Knowledge and experience of using pedagogical frameworks including TPACK in particular is highly desirable.
Scope of duties:
- Build and maintain effective school/community partnerships that enable mutual benefit and strengthen our ability to respond to the changing needs of schools.
- Identify and explore new ways for using educational technologies to improve teaching and learning outcomes, with particular emphases on accommodating individual learning differences, differentiated learning, learning design, supporting teacher collaboration and professional development, technology-enhanced pedagogy, and linking data insights to tangible actions and outcomes.
- Collaborate with existing and prospective schools in the co-creation of value, based on understanding of teachers, students and parents (together referred to as end-users), requirements and factoring these into consideration in devising corresponding solutions whilst also incorporating known best practices, associated technologies, and findings from research.
- Actively contribute to research projects which enhance the capabilities of our Virtuoso platform through collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Provide detailed product demonstrations for existing and prospective clients based on a complete understanding of the capabilities of the Virtuoso platform in terms of end-user needs, application within educational environments, and technical underpinnings.
- Design and deliver training programs with existing and prospective customers to provide end-users with the foundation necessary to effectively utilise the Virtuoso platform. This will also extend to organisations who may be participating in research projects with Cinglevue, where training will also need to incorporate a strong professional development component to drive teacher engagement.
- Collaborate with the Product team to provide detailed critiques and feedback on existing processes, and applications of Cinglevue’s Virtuoso platform, drawing upon previous teaching experience in conjunction with understanding of ICT technologies. This would also encompass contributing to the conceptualisation, design, and development of new features and solutions to ensure that these provide a sound basis for supporting effective pedagogical practices in an intuitive and accessible fashion, teacher agency, and student voice.
- Contribute to the development of new product capabilities based on the findings and outcomes of research projects and provide oversight and feedback during the development of these capabilities into tangible software features.
- Understand team dynamics and have the ability to work collaboratively on research activities, engaging with subject-matter experts from a variety of disciplines.
- Actively contribute to development of publications including journal articles and educational blogs.
Key selection criteria:
- A well-developed understanding of pedagogy, teaching practice, and accommodating a wide variety of learning needs, including the ability to translate findings from educational research into effective real-world practice.
- A passion for teaching and contributing to the evolution of secondary school cohorts, particularly in terms of progressive pedagogical practices and advancing the state of the art with a view towards enhancing student learning outcomes.
- A fast learner with demonstrable understanding of technology and their potential applications within teaching and learning contexts. Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is critical.
- Active participation on in-person and online webinar workshops with pre-service and in-service teachers, schools, and partner research institutions to help maintain and further develop core competencies and product knowledge.
- Ability to keep abreast of emerging developments in teaching and learning domains and incorporating new knowledge and understanding into product features and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver meaningful online learning experiences students love and engage with.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the voice of students in the course design process, and ensuring the learning experience is effective, inclusive, and engaging.
- Demonstrable understanding of the benefits of evaluating all aspects of teacher practice to ensure the learning needs of students are been met.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to interpret and use student feedback and assessment data to diagnose barriers to learning, including implementing strategies that challenge and encourage students to improve their performance, and evaluating the effectiveness of these in turn. This should go beyond contemporary assessment practices to incorporate more nuanced and granular measures of student learning proficiency at an individual level.
- Understanding of how to create and maintain safe and inclusive learning environments – especially in challenging situations, whilst implementing fair and equitable character-building plans.
- Demonstrable knowledge on how to structure lessons to meet social and intellectual development characteristics of students.
- Demonstrable understanding of the fundamental concepts, structure, and enquiry processes relevant to programs you have developed and taught.
- Demonstrable understanding of what constitutes effective and developmentally appropriate strategies in learning and teaching programs, including how this knowledge is used to make content meaningful to students.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively at all stages of the teaching and learning cycle, including planning for learning and assessment, developing learning programs, teaching, assessing, providing feedback on student learning, reporting to parents/guardians, and evaluating own practice and professional competencies.
- Ability to work with existing and prospective schools and their stakeholders to understand their needs and link these with existing capabilities within Virtuoso or incorporate these into the development of new features as needed to support adoption and on-boarding of the Virtuoso platform as well as engage in research activities.
- Ability to collaborate with various business units, with particular emphasis on the Research & Development and Product teams.
- A willingness to embrace and engage with new processes and approaches to clearly articulate product vision to developers.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required:
- Commitment to self-motivation, adaptability, process orientation, and ownership/accountability.
- Experience as a Secondary School Teacher is critical.
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or Master of Teaching (Secondary).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems strongly preferred.
- A willingness to engage with and foster research partnerships and collaboration is critical.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, written) that reflect sensitivity to your audience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple concurrent projects effectively.