The Research Scientist (Education) will contribute to Research & Development projects that enable Cinglevue to enhance the capabilities of its existing product offerings within the Early Years to Higher Education space as well as expand into new markets and realise areas for additional growth. They will research and validate new ideas and perspectives which inform the direction of future developments. Drawing upon a diverse range of experience and expertise within the education domain to understand end-user requirements and critique and improve upon Cinglevue’s product offerings, identifying approaches for commercialising research findings and engage in collaborative projects with individuals both within and external to the organisation.
At Cinglevue, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work; inspired by the impact it has on our customers and our business. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. We work flexibly across boundaries and realise innovations that help shape the industries that we support. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a dynamic business, we rely on diversity of culture, expertise and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do this, we seek talented, qualified and dedicated employees in all our operations. We’re passionate about building value-creating products that improve our users’ lives and connect them with others. We view engineering as a craft and want the structure of our products and services to be as flawless as the end user experience we are designing.
We have high expectations of each other and believe that transparency, hunger for learning and our never-ending desire to push the boundaries are what allow us to build things we are proud of.
Scope of Duties
As the Research Scientist – Education, your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and explore new ways for using educational technologies to improve teaching and learning outcomes, with particular emphasis on accommodating individual learning differences; differentiated learning, supporting teacher collaboration and professional development, technology-enhanced pedagogy, and linking data insights to tangible actions and outcomes. A broad perspective will be required to effectively accommodate and assimilate an array of considerations across different educational organisations, each with their respective requirements and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with existing and prospective customers to co-create value based on understanding end-user requirements and factoring these into consideration in devising corresponding solutions whilst also incorporating known best practices, associated technologies and findings from research.
- Actively contribute to research projects which enhance the capabilities of Cinglevue’s Virtuoso platform through collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Provide detailed product demonstrations for existing and prospective clients based on a complete understanding of the product in terms of end-user needs, application with educational environments and technical underpinnings.
- Design and deliver training programs with existing and prospective customers to provide end-users with the foundation necessary to effectively utilise the Virtuoso platform. This will also extend to organisations who may be participating in research projects with Cinglevue, where training will also need to incorporate a strong professional development component to drive teacher engagement.
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst team to provide detailed critiques and feedback on existing workflows, processes and applications of Cinglevue’s Virtuoso platform, drawing upon previous teaching experience in conjunction with understanding of ICT technologies. This would encompass contributing to the conceptualization, design and development of new features and solutions.
- Contribute to the development of user stories based on the findings and outcomes of research projects and provide oversight and feedback during the development of these user stories into tangible software features.
- Plan, organize and structure research activities and deliver findings according to deadlines.
- Understand team dynamics and have the ability to work collaboratively on research activities, engaging with subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines.
- Conduct details reviews of existing research literature.
- Design, develop and utilize appropriate research methodologies to collect and analyse data.
- Solve problems which may impede the ability of the organization to expand into new verticals and emerging markets and capitalize on new initiatives through research.
- Prepare research reports and contribute to the development of publications including journal articles.
- Demonstrated capability for high level research in the areas specified.
- Ability to work with existing and prospective customer organisation and their end users to understand their needs and link these with existing capabilities within Virtuoso or incorporate these into the development of new features as needed.
- Ability to draw upon a broad array of experience in different educational organisations to identify how the Virtuoso platform can be utilised to enhance teaching and learning outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate with various business units, with particular emphasis on the Research and Development and Business Analysis teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders within educational organisations to support adoption and on-boarding of the Virtuoso platform as well as engage in research activities.
- A willingness to embrace and engage with new processes and approaches to clearly articulate the product vision to developers – use cases and user stories.
- A well-developed understanding of pedagogy, teaching practice and accommodating a wide variety of learning needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and its potential applications within teaching and learning contexts.
- Ability to cultivate new ideas which contribute to the creation of new product offerings or improvement of existing product offerings as informed by research.
- Ability to generalise and transfer existing teaching and research skills and experience for use in new or unfamiliar disciplines.
- Ability to contribute towards the development of software features and systems in support of research projects and initiatives.
- Ability to contribute to the commercialization of findings derived from research initiatives.
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of latest research findings for specific disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in undertaking research projects, from design through to the development of findings and publication.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with scientific literature.
- Ability to keep abreast of emerging developments in teaching, learning and technical domains and incorporate new knowledge and understanding into product features and solutions.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required
- Previous teaching experience essential (K-12).
- Experience working with a broad range of educational institutions, including those with more specific requirements and needs such as rural and remote schools, micro schools / home schools and tutoring organisations.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and accommodate different cultural considerations as they relate to teaching and learning, particularly as this relates to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Understanding the role and affordances of technology in supporting and enhancing pedagogical practice.
- Ability to utilize teaching expertise to inform the development of learning products and systems.
- Previous experience with systems analysis and software development is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience engaging with research projects, designing and delivering training and professional development activities within educational organisations.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Solid presentation skills across a variety of mediums.
- Must be motivated, results orientated and have a successful track record.
Occasional international and domestic travel may be required for this role.
If you are the right person we are looking for, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org